Monday, December 11, 2017

New Blog Design

Over the past year, I have learned the importance of blogging.  It is a great way to share your ideas with others, keep a record of your successes, and make connections with other educators.

About six months ago, I began the process of redesigning my blog.  This involved creating a new design for my header.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no artistic skills, at least not when it comes to drawing.  My mother is a very talented artist, and even holds a Bachelors in Fine Arts from Moore College of Art in Philadelphia.  Who better than her to create a design for my blog?  My mother is a huge part of my life and has been an inspiration to me both personally and professionally.  I feel blessed to have her in my life.   The header symbolizes my love for literature, technology, and design thinking.  This school year I was fortunate enough to get funded for a Makerspace.  Every day proves to be a learning experience for myself and my students.  No matter how challenging the day is, I still always leave my school thinking how much I love our library makerspace.

My blog page was created fully with the help of Christi Fultz of http://www.designbychristi.com/  If you are looking for a blog designer, I would highly recommend Christy.  I ended up changing my blog design several times, and she was extremely patient with me, and kept the price the same.

Keeping a blog is challenging, but I highly recommend it.  We ask our students to write all the time, but are we writing?  My goal for this new blog is to share my ideas, and blog on a regular basis.  It is my hope that my posts can inspire educators in the way that I have been inspired by so many of the bloggers that I have followed through the years.


1 comment:

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.