Friday, February 9, 2018

Awesome Times at TCEA

This week I had the pleasure of attending and presenting at TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association) Conference in Austin Texas.  This was a fabulous conference and I highly recommend attending.  Even though it is a state conference, it feels more like a national conference.  My husband always says "Everything's Bigger in Texas" and in this case he is most certainly correct.



Some of my highlights of the week included:

1.  Presenting to Librarians on My Top 25 Tech Tools For Librarians.  

Presenting is one of my favorite things to do, and I always enjoy sharing things that have worked for me, and making new connections.


2.  Attending a presentation by Kasey Bell on Google Keep.  

I have been following Kasey on Twitter for quite some time now @shakeuplearning and am very impressed with all that she has to offer educators on all areas of Google.  I really learned a lot about using Google Keep.  It is quickly becoming my new Go To Tool.


3.  The Vendor Hall

The vendor hall at TCEA was just amazing!  Pretty much every technology vendor was there.  Since I have a new Makerspace, and am always looking to expand, the vendor hall always gives me time to explore the newest and up and coming technologies.  I was also lucky enough to present for Mackin in the vendor hall on how we used MackinMaker to create our school library makerspace.


4.  Hearing Marlee Matlin Keynote

Marlee Matlin was one of TCEA's keynotes and I was so moved by her talk.  She spoke of the struggles of becoming an actress with a disability and mentioned many people who were a help to her along her way to success.  She ended her speech by explaining what an asset technology has been to those struggling with various disabilities.  Such a moving person!

5.  Making New Connections

If you have never been to a larger conference, I would recommend you do so soon.  I have been to 3 in the past year (ISTE, AASL, and now TCEA)  At each of these conferences I have met new educators.  You may meet someone if you are presenting, someone who sits next to you at a session you are attending, or someone while you are sitting down taking it all in.  It is always a treat for me to talk to new people and learn how they are doing things in their schools.  


More information about TCEA can be found at https://www.tcea.org/  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.